Folks, I would like to reiterate what Humbero said in his post. He is the only moderator of the list, so he carries the burdens and joys (hoping there are some) of reading through the long and sometimes long-winded messages. I tend to write the latter variety, so I am aware of what I have put Bert through many times. I suspect there are pressures on him from others to keep discussions focused and 'scholarly'. He seems to find his own balance in all things HET. So we thank you and salute you Bert, for being the excellent moderator!

Best, Sumitra Shah

I also apologize to the overseers for being presumptuous.  I was complaining more to certain parties involved in the thread than to you folks.  Of course it was reasonable to let the thread go on its natural course.  People are free just to delete if they are not interested, and you all are in charge, certainly not me.   And, just to add, I think in general you all have done an excellent job of overseeing this list, which I know is not a simple matter.  You are to be fully commended in the highest manner, which I now do.  Thank you for your efforts regarding all of this.

Barkley Rosser