I agree with you, Tony.  Life on the Mississippi---nothing garbled about
that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Twain Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tony Verhulst
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 3:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: only a test

 > I'm not sure how much longer we should be carrying on with this
techobabble  > on the Forum, ......

 > Heather's email was not "cured" alas, but had all the old garbage
characters.

As probably the only working software engineer (MS Computer Science,
FWIW) on the list, I feel obliged to offer an opinion.

The reality is that we live in an HTML world - the World Wide Web is largely
based on it. Our listserv is old technology that does not support HTML. No
one's email was 'cured', rather some worked around the existing problem. It
may be time to archive the listserv and move to other (free) technologies,
such as yahoogroups or googlegroups, that understand html.

To keep this Twain relevant - I've temporarily  put volume 2 of the
autobiography aside and have gone back to the first hundred pages or so of
"Life on the Mississippi" (Oxfford). I can't re-read that enough. :-)

regards,
Tony Verhulst

---
protection is active.