Some subscribers to Twain-L might be interested in a discussion list post "A Cure For Exploding Heads and Mailboxes #2" [Hake (2014)]. The abstract reads:

ABSTRACT: POD's Vicky Meretsky (2014) wrote at <http://bit.ly/1fKI1TL>: "If your head and your mailbox are both exploding, consider taking POD in Digest format – you get one email per day with all the day’s messages in it. You can pick and choose which to read or just hit delete and kill anything from 1 to 50 messages all at once."

On page 25 of "A Guide to the ADLsphere [Hake (2010)] at <http://bit.ly/970OZr> (3.9 MB) I suggested another way to cure exploding heads and mailboxes: "For LISTSERV archives such as those of POD and Twain-L it's [easy] to subscribe using the 'NOMAIL' option under 'Miscellaneous.' Then, as a subscriber, you may access the archives and/or post messages at any time, while receiving NO MAIL from the list, thereby conserving time, hard-drive space, and sanity.”

 In the complete post I give the URLs for over 40 popular LISTSERVs, including Twain-L.

 To access the complete 70 kB post please click on <http://bit.ly/1fytFv5>.

 Richard Hake, Emeritus Professor of Physics, Indiana University; Honorary Member, Curmudgeon Lodge of Deventer, The Netherlands; President, PEdants for Definitive Academic References which Recognize the Invention of the Internet (PEDARRII); LINKS TO: Academia <http://bit.ly/a8ixxm>; Articles <http://bit.ly/a6M5y0>; Blog <http://bit.ly/9yGsXh>; Facebook <http://on.fb.me/XI7EKm>; GooglePlus <http://bit.ly/KwZ6mE>; Google Scholar <http://bit.ly/Wz2FP3>; Linked In <http://linkd.in/14uycpW>; Research Gate <http://bit.ly/1fJiSwB>; Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) Labs <http://bit.ly/9nGd3M>; Twitter <http://bit.ly/juvd52>.

 REFERENCES [URL shortened by <http://bit.ly/> and accessed on 30 April 2014.]

Hake, R.R. 2014. "A Cure For Exploding Heads and Mailboxes #2," online on the OPEN! AERA-L archives at <http://bit.ly/1fytFv5>. The abstract and link to the complete post are being transmitted to several discussion lists and are on my blog "Hake'sEdStuff" at <http://bit.ly/1u4XlUA>.