1. Cambridge Economic History of India Vol 1 & 2 esp Vol 1 edited by Irfan Habib.
2. Habib's The Agrarian System of Mughal India 1556-1707. First published in 1963 by Asia Publishing House. Second, extensively revised, edition published in 1999 by Oxford University Press will also make you re-think what you know of Indian economic history.
3. The more recent economic history especially the colonial period is far more contentious. Post independence history equal so.
Aditya Goenka
NUS
https://sites.google.com/site/goenkaecon/