Dear SHOE,

I'm working on an analysis of introductory economics textbooks published in
the United States between about 1890 and 1950 (the period between Marshall
and Samuelson, roughly). I've accumulated an ad hoc collection of texts
based on the holdings of my library and scattered references in the
secondary literature (Elzinga 1992, Walstad et al 1998, and Giraud 2013 in
particular), but I was hoping that there might be some more systematic way
to generate a universe of texts from which to sample. Does anyone have a
recommendation for a good source that discusses principles texts in this
period, perhaps with information on relative influence (number of editions,
course adoptions, or sales)? Does such a source exist?

Thanks very much!
Dan Hirschman
PhD Candidate
Department of Sociology