FYI

School of Health Policy & Management
Room 406, HNES Building

"VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES IN HEALTH CARE" SEMINAR

03/02/2015 11:09 AM

"VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES IN HEALTH CARE" SEMINAR

Hospice Helpers would like to invite you to our ?Volunteering
Opportunities in Health Care? Seminar which will be hosted on Thursday,
March 5th 2015; 5.30 pm at Student Centre Room 313.

We have invited Evergreen Hospice and Sunnybrook Hospital to join us and
talk about unique volunteer opportunities in these different health care
fields:

Virginia Bidwell, Volunteer Coordinator at Evergreen Hospice. Victoria
will be providing information on Evergreen Hospice and discussing
potential volunteering positions at Evergreen.
Michelle Lynch, Volunteer Resources Coordinator at Sunnybrook Hospital.
Michelle will be providing information on how to get involved as a
volunteer and the different types of volunteering at Sunnybrook Hospital.
Daniel Tsoy, Mobility Volunteer at the Surgical Oncology ward at
Sunnybrook Hospital. Daniel will be sharing his experiences as a
Sunnybrook Hospital volunteer.

Getting involved is easier than you think! Volunteering helps students to
explore different types of work environments and helps set you apart from
others for professional school applications. During the seminar the
coordinators will be sharing valuable information and give you extra time
to ask questions regarding their volunteering programs. Also, you will be
provided with pamphlets which will describe information about various
opportunities in health care.

If you or a friend may be interested in learning more, please feel
welcomed to attend. This is a great opportunity to learn more about your
future aspirations. Please don?t hesitate to contact us if you have any
questions or inquiries, we hope to see you there!

PS: Hospice Helpers is looking for volunteers to help us promote this
event. You will be earning 2 hours of volunteering with Hospice Helpers
 from each activity. Here are ways you can get involved:
Postering: Putting up posters around the school. Please tell us who will
be postering, when, and in which areas. Each volunteer will get 2
volunteer hours with us (as many as possible, but min. 20 posters each).
Class announcements: Help make class announcements for the classes you
attend. It's easy! We will give you the script. Please tell us who will be
making the class announcements and in which classes. Please CC us on all
email requests to professors for class announcements. Volunteers will get
2 volunteer hours for each class.
Handing out flyers at classroom doors: We'd also like to have volunteers
to stand at classroom doors to hand out promotional flyers as students
leave or enter the lecture room. Please tell us who will be handing out
flyers and in which classes. Volunteers will get 2 volunteer hours for
each class.

Event Link on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1547327628875519

Hospice Helpers
Executive Team

Hospice Helpers Email: [log in to unmask]

Hospice Helpers YuConnect Page:
https://yorku.collegiatelink.net/organization/hospicehelpers

Hospice Helpers Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/hospicehelpers
--