There are going to be more stories in the press about this. It's great that
there's interest in our next volume, but because some of the stories are
pretty garbled, I want to clarify that no discrete "cache" or "trove" of
anything has been recently found.

Rick Bucci, a former editor at the MT Project who now lives and works in
New York, has prepared a critical, annotated edition of Mark Twain's
newspaper correspondence from San Francisco to the Virginia City
Territorial Enterprise. Rick's painstaking work of many years is now being
copy-edited and re-checked here in Berkeley.

The discovery of new articles by Mark Twain is, as Forum readers will
realize, a constant process, not a single find. Of the things that are
"new" in this volume, some have been found by Rick, some by other
researchers, over a period of many years.

--
Benjamin Griffin
Associate Editor, Mark Twain Project