No, it would not, since Clower was at UCLA until at least the late 80s.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Ric Holt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Yes, Bob Clower would make sense.

Ric Holt

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Colander, David C. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
It could have been Bob  Clower

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 16, 2015, at 8:41 AM, Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

In 1978, Hayek stated

I am rather hoping that these ideas are now spreading. Of course, I think the main thing is that there are economists who are working outside their fields, like Jim Buchanan and [the one] in South Carolina, and some of the people working at UCLA. What I said before--that you cannot be a good economist except by being more than an economist-- I think is being recognized by more and more of the economists. This narrow specialization, particularly of the mathematical economists, is, I believe, going out.

Hayek plagiarized material from John C. Calhoun: but what in South Carolina is Hayek referring to?

--
E. Roy Weintraub
Professor of Economics