1. Buchanan's plan to restrict the franchise was derived from 'von' Mises - whose attitude towards those with low ascribed status low was: you are 'inferior and all the improvements in your conditions which you simply take for granted you owe to the effort of men who are better than you'.

2. The Misean branch of the Austrian School of Economics is, at least in part, defined by secessionist aspirations and by a determination to demonstrate the genetic inferiority of non-whites. This reflects the eugenicist background that was - for most people - discredited by the Holocaust. Hitler arrived in Vienna unaffected by anti-Semitism - which he acquired from the culture co-created by prominent anti-Semites and proto Nazis like the von Hayeks. It would be what Hayek called 'symbolic truth'  to refer to the 'Hayekian Holocaust'. Hayek's brother, Heinrich, spent the Third Reich injecting chemicals into freshly-gassed Jews and other concentration camp victims.  Murray Rothbard, Hayek's co-leader of the fourth generation Austrian School, defended the KKK assassin of Medgar Evers (he also celebrated the first bombing of the World Trade Centre).

Leeson, R. 2015. Ed. *Archival Insights into the Evolution of Economics Hayek a Collaborative Biography Part III Fraud, Fascism and Free Market Religion.* (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan).

3.  Hayek had a visceral dislike of non-whites (especially the 'negro') and Jews. But 'I just had to restrain myself to get any hearing’.

He was referring to The Road to Serfdom in which he had protested:

When a professional student of social affairs writes a political book, his first duty is plainly to say so. This is a political book … But, whatever the name, the essential point remains that all I shall have to say is derived from certain ultimate values. I hope I have adequately discharged in the book itself a second and no less important duty: to make it clear beyond doubt what these ultimate values are on which the whole argument depends.

There is, however, one thing I would like to add to this. Though this is a political book, I am as certain as anybody can be that the beliefs set out in it are not determined by my personal interests. (2007 [1944], v)

In for-posthumous-general-consumption oral history interviews, Hayek explained what these ‘ultimate values’ were: fraud. The Road to Serfdom, he explained, had been written for personal interests: to allow the ‘old aristocracy’ to resume their ascribed status and to drive the ‘new aristocracy’ - labour trade unionists and elected politicians – back down the road back to serfdom.

Leeson, R. 2015. Interpreting Hayek: Austrian Civilisation and the Neo-Feudal 'Spontaneous' Order.

Chapter 3 of Leeson, R. 2015. Ed. *Archival Insights into the Evolution of Economics Hayek a Collaborative Biography Part II Austria America and the Rise of Hitler, 1899-1933*. (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan).