Good afternoon,

This coming weekend Amanda Hill and I are running our Wikipedia for Archivists[1] workshop in Toronto. As a resource for the Edit-a-thon to follow[2], and for future reference, I would like to establish a page for compiling suggestions of underrepresented people, events and subjects reflected in Ontario's archival collections.[3]

Perhaps unsurprisingly, while I can come up with suggestions on my own, I hope to crowdsource this effort..!

To ensure a wide range of contribution entry points, I welcome you to share your Top 5 suggestions for notable people or topics captured in your holdings that:

*         Don't have a Wiki page;

*         Have a stub page[4] in need of development;

*         Could be integrated into sub-sections[5] of other pages;

*         Can be used to establish a Bibliography page[6]; or

*         Are reflected in public domain[7] or Creative Commons (Attribution) Share-Alike[8] licenced content, that can be ingested into MediaWiki Commons and used to visually enhance Wiki pages.
Links to relevant finding aids, Archeion entries, digital libraries and publicly available news articles about the subject would be lovely. Of particular importance with any suggestion is that verifiable[9], and preferably online, secondary-resources authored by someone other than your institution be available to help develop Wiki content.

Suggestions you provide will be the basis for the tracking page (in whatever form it takes). Once created any and everyone can add suggestions as they see fit. And yes, I will be sure to share it on list.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Warm regards,
Danielle

[1] http://aao-archivists.ca/event-2103046
[2] http://aao-archivists.ca/event-2103073
[3] Though the approach and method differ, centralizing information about pages that need to be created or improved is quite common on Wikipedia. Some examples include:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Newcomb_Archives_and_Vorhoff_Library/To_Do
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gobonobo/Gender_Gap_red_list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/DC/Human_Origins#List_of_articles_we_will_be_working_on
[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Stub
[5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ready_Division_of_Archives_and_Research_Collections#The_Bertrand_Russell_Archives
[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Hamzah_bibliography
[7] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Arthur_Goss_1922_(cropped).jpg
[8] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Menninger_Clock_Tower_2013.jpg
[9] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability

Danielle Robichaud
Digital Archivist, Special Collections & Archives
University of Waterloo Library
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1
519-888-4567 ext. 30473