Folks, shameless plug:  but also on Friday, May 27, just BEFORE the 1601
session, at 5:00 or so:

I will be talking about that other guy (W. D. Howells) in a paper for the
Howells Society.  It is based on a chapter in my book Continuing Bonds with
the Dead, which is now out and I think may be available at ALA.

Just think of that quadruple-header:  ending with mouth watering Chinese
delights!!  Or, alternatively;  how much alcohol will come in handy after
hearing 1601 or about the ancient art of onanism.

Perhaps we should ALSO organize a walk down the hill on Columbus Street, as
an informal, bohemian Circle activity as well, with a stop at City Lights.
Ever wonder what MT would have thought about Ferlinghetti of even Ginsberg
& Kerouac??  One of the problems of walking down Columbus, by the way:  you
then have to walk back up it -- or splurge on a taxi.

I do look forward to seeing some of your friendly faces in a couple weeks.

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush
Professor of English