I'm so happy to see it back!  It is certainly useful to me as a non-economist, in making sense of "school" and "movements" and theories.  I've sent the link to a young econ major and his older brother about to start a Wall Street job.

Scott Cullen

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Goncalo Fonseca
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: [SHOE] R: [SHOE] Announcement of re-birth of the History of Economic Thought Website (hetwebsite.net).

Wow.  Thank you all so very much for your kind words.

It is heartening to hear that many have found the HET website useful in the past. This has always been a bit of an unusual project, started before the days of blogs and wikipedia.  Its Web 1.0 vintage shows a bit, but hopefully also the spirit of those days, when eager young people embraced the internet as a means to bring information out of closed books and closed libraries to the open public square. And, with a joyful naivete, severely miscalculated the labors of the task.

It was the late Roderick Hay who really started the ball rolling with his archive, and websites like mine followed that wake. I don't think any of us back then remembered to calculate marginal disutilities. We hoped simply it would be useful to someone. And I am delighted to hear that it was.

Again, I owe gratitude to INET for persuading me to revive it as well as helping lower the opportunity cost of doing so. New economic thinking, they reminded me, begins by remembering past economic thinking.

Hopefully, you will find the new HET website useful.  Of course, it is still in its initial re-launch stage and much still remains to be revised and more content to be added.  It is an on-going project, and your encouragement is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Goncalo