Hello colleagues,

The AAO Awards Committee had the pleasure of acknowledging the following 2016 award recipients at the AAO’s conference in Thunder Bay on May 13th:

v Alexander Fraser Award - Given to individuals who have contributed in a significant way to the advancement of the archival community in Ontario:  Loryl MacDonald, Jean Dryden and Theresa Regnier.

v Corporate Award - Given to organizations, corporations, or agencies of any kind that have been particularly supportive of archives and/or the archival community:  Université De Hearst

v Institutional Award - For institutions that contribute significantly to the advancement of the archival community in Ontario, and for having demonstrated a significant level of innovation and imagination:  Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives.

A profile of each of our winners is available at http://aao-archivists.ca/Awards/4049882

Photos of the 2016 ceremony, along with those from previous years, are available at:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/126488879@N08/sets/72157653729591508.

Please join me in congratulating our winners.  Also, I wish to inform you that Carolynn Bart-Riedstra, herself an Alexander Fraser recipient in 2014, is your new AAO Awards Committee Chair.  Expect to hear more from Carolynn about 2017 awards in the coming months!

Brian Masschaele, Past Chair

AAO Awards Committee

Ph: 519-631-1460 x138; [log in to unmask]

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, if you receive this email or if it is forwarded to you without the express authorization of The County of Elgin, please destroy this email and contact us immediately.
P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail