~*Apologies for cross postings*~

Early bird registration is open for the ACA@UBC Seminar and Symposium! Sign up by January 27 to receive a reduced rate of $35 for all events.

The Association of Canadian Archivists Student Chapter at the University of British Columbia (ACA@UBC) is delighted to present its ninth annual international Seminar and Symposium, “Managing the Analogue,” which will be held at UBC from February 9 to 10, 2017.

The Seminar and Symposium will include traditional and forward-thinking perspectives on analogue materials residing in archival spaces. In a time when our archival backlogs are steadily increasing, questions must be asked about how we can control an overwhelming number of physical records. Furthermore, in an increasingly digital world, archivists must have a solid understanding of how to manage analogue records before they can proficiently manage digital records. A seminar featuring informal discussions of these subjects will be held on February 9, while the symposium, which features formal presentations from speakers, will be held on February 10.

The ACA@UBC is pleased to host the following speakers:

Raymond Frogner: National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation, University of Manitoba

Theresa Rowat: The Archive of the Jesuits in Canada

Mary McIntosh: Government Records Service, BC Ministry of Finance

George Blood: George Blood, L.P.

Terry O’Riordan: Provincial Archives of Alberta

Christina Kovac: The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration

***Robert McIntosh: Library and Archives Canada***

Reserve your place at the Seminar and Symposium now! Early-bird registrants receive a reduced rate of $35 until January 27. Students pay $10. Registration fees include lunch on February 10.

Register at: http://acasymposium.rezgo.com/details/112304/acaubc-9th-annual-international-symposium-2017

We look forward to spending two stimulating days with you,

The ACA@UBC

--

Association of Canadian Archivists

University of British Columbia Student Chapter

The University of British Columbia

Irving K. Barber Learning Centre

Suite 470- 1961 East Mall

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1