Dear all,
One of the issues that strike me whenever I study economists who worked in
difficult times and under illiberal regimes such as imperial Russia and
Austria-Hungary or fascist Italy is the issue of censorship. This is
particularly clear in the case of Marxist economists in 19th century
Russia, such as Nikolaj Sieber on whom I am now writing togeher with
Francois Allisson and Danila Raskov. Sieber published in censored Russian
journals as well as illegal ones published abroad. Is there a
methodological study on publication and rhetorical strategies adopted by
economists at risk of being censored?
Thank you for your help,