Dear all,
One of the issues that strike me whenever I study economists who worked in difficult times and under illiberal regimes such as imperial Russia and Austria-Hungary or fascist Italy is the issue of censorship. This is particularly clear in the case of Marxist economists in 19th century Russia, such as Nikolaj Sieber on whom I am now writing togeher with Francois Allisson and Danila Raskov. Sieber published in censored Russian journals as well as illegal ones published abroad. Is there a methodological study on publication and rhetorical strategies adopted by economists at risk of being censored?
Thank you for your help,