*Please share widely*

20 Years of Queer Shorts Presented by Salaam Canada & Mediaqueer.ca

Please join us for an evening of film and community! We are so pleased to be able to screen this series of shorts featuring queer and trans Muslims while supporting Salaam Canada's initiatives and programming. Tickets will be $15 at the door (with sliding scale: PWYC).

We're excited to have some of the directors in attendance for a Q&A following the screenings! Doors open at 7pm, program begins at 7:30pm sharp.

Buddies in the Bad Times Theatre has generously donated the space for the evening. And the venue is wheelchair accessible. We will reserve some accessible seats in the front row. If you'd like to secure a spot in advance, please feel free to email us.

Please let us know if you intend to attend via Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/479849942386152/

Other questions? salaamqueercanada@gmail.com
Can't attend but want to donate? http://salaamcanada.info/donate

--
Queer Shorts - Program Details:

My Name is Ludmilla-Mary – Corpus Christi (TX), 2fik. The artist takes over Texas with high-style public genderfuck: 2015. 5min.

Jangri, Safiya Randera. A personal essay confronting lesbian relationships and identities: 1998. 7min.

Puri, Arif Noorani and Kevin D*Souza. An essay on erotic fantasy and identity in the shadow of Bollywood: 1998. 5min.

“Rizwan,” Feroz Khan. Pedagogy and lust: a classroom fantasy. Excerpt from his distance between us (Kevin D*Souza): 1999. 2min.

La Mélomane voilée, Hejer Charf. Billie Holiday helps orient Islam towards the search for pleasure and intimacy: 2008. 5min.

The Queen of My Dreams, Fawzia Mirza. A narrative romance, Bollywood, my girlfriend and me: 2011. 3min.

Cab Ride, Farrah Khan. An autographical encounter with a driver as well as Dad: 2011. 5min.

Al Nisa: Black Muslim Women in Atlanta's Gay Mecca (extended trailer), Red Summer: 2013. 10min.

As I Remember, Saqib Noman: 2014. 28min.
--

See you there!