Here are some articles that may or may not be of interest to you. They were
easy to pull out of one of my thesis' chapters. My thesis is on how models
of knowledge production and evidentiary imperatives in public health shape
and limit how we understand and act upon health inequity as something that
is fundamentally rooted in public policies and political economy. I also
interrogate the flexible and neutral character of equity (rather than
justice), and that of 'priority populations' which are not articulated in
relation to their unjust social determinants.

Anyway, that's enough self promotion. I hope this helps.

Adam

Hassen, Nadha, Ingrid Tyler, and Heather Manson. "Influence of Revised
Public Health Standards on Health Equity Action: A Qualitative Study in
Ontario, Canada." *International Journal for Equity in Health*16, no. 1
(2017). doi:10.1186/s12939-017-0677-9.

McPherson, C., Ndumbe-Eyoh, S., Betker, C., Oickle, D., & Peroff-Johnston,
N. (2016). Swimming against the tide: A Canadian qualitative study
examining the implementation of a province-wide public health initiative to
address health equity. *International Journal for Equity in Health,15*(1).
doi:10.1186/s12939-016-0419-4

Pauly, B. B., Shahram, S. Z., Dang, P. T., Marcellus, L., & Macdonald, M.
(2017). Health Equity Talk: Understandings of Health Equity among Health
Leaders. *AIMS Public Health,4*(5), 490-512.
doi:10.3934/publichealth.2017.5.490

Pinto, Andrew D., Heather Manson, Bernadette Pauly, Joanne Thanos, Amanda
Parks, and Amy Cox. (2012) "Equity in Public Health Standards: A
Qualitative Document Analysis of Policies from Two Canadian
Provinces." *International
Journal for Equity in Health *11, no. 1: 28. doi:10.1186/1475-9276-11-28.

Rizzi, K. E. (2014). *Perceptions about equity in public health: A
comparison between frontline staff and informing policy in Ontario. *University
of Western Ontario.

Smith, M. (2016) *Public health as social justice? A qualitative study of
public health policy-makers’ perspectives *(Doctoral dissertation).
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tyler I, Hassen N. Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion
(Public Health Ontario). (2015). *Priority populations project:
understanding and identifying priority populations for public health in
Ontario*. Toronto: Queen’s Printer for Ontario.