Dear SHOE-list,

For a paper I am writing I had hoped to use a quote from Samuelson in which
he reflects on his use of time-series data in a sort of exercise to become
data-savvy and to build intuitions on them. He tells he regularly picked a
time-series graph, covered half (or part) of it, and then tries to imagine
how the series will continue. It was something he started doing already at
Harvard. He concludes in a jest that he would surely have lost a fortune in
the Great Crash, because his intuitions on part of the data went the other
way.

I lost where I found this. If there is anyone who can point me to the
source, I would be most obliged. A letter, an interview?

Thanks in advance,

Harro Maas

--
Professor/Centre Walras-Pareto for the history of economic and political
science <https://www.unil.ch/cwp/fr/home.html>/IEPHI/Bâtiment Geopolis -