Are there any surviving writings about Twain by those who actually knew him, other than those by Susy, Clara, Howells, Katy Leary, Dorothy Quick (the Angelfish), and Paine?
I would be especially interested in what the Clemens family themselves said/wrote about him (his mother and siblings) and the Moffett family; but also Harte, Goodman, Redpath, Keller, Kipling, Bixby, Howland, Paige, Twichell, Aldrich, Gilder, Joel C. Harris, &c &c.
I do know that Kipling wrote about his "pilgrimage" to meet Twain.
Do such writings exist? Even better would be if they were all collected together in a volume (excluding the writings which are already of book length - those alluded to in the first paragraph). Has anybody done this yet?
- B. Clay Shannon