Could anyone managing an academic archives/special collections unit share some insight into how they handle monetary appraisals of larger collections?

We haven’t had an archivist in many years, so I’m starting from scratch. We have no dedicated budget, just draw on the larger library’s funds. But appraisals must be done!

Who do you use? How often? As-needed, or annually? How do you handle large donations requiring more than one appraiser?

Please reply to me individually, rather than to the entire list.  Thanks in advance.

Sarah Glassford, PhD, MLIS

Archivist & Librarian

Archives, Rare Books & Special Collections

University of Windsor

Leddy Library, Room G102A

(519) 253-3000 ext. 3184