Dear Ross,

I would like to suggest the following books to update your reference list for your students.

Armstrong, Robert Cornell (1912) Just Before the Dawn: The Life and Work of Ninomiya Sontoku. New York: Macmillan Company.

Tomita, Kokei (2012) [1912] A Peasant Sage of Japan: The Life and Work of Sontoku Ninomiya, translated by Tadasu Yoshimoto from Tomita (1883), London, New York, Bombay, and Calcutta: Longmans Green and Co., 1912. Reprint, General Books LLCTM, 2012.

I believe that diversity is important.  The linguistic barrier is so thick between English and Japanese.

Sincerely,

Aiko

 Aiko Ikeo

 Faculty of Commerce, Waseda University