Dear list members,

The Young Scholars Initiative (YSI) History of Economic Thought Working Group is organizing a workshop on “Politics and Economic Thought” in Sofia (Bulgaria) on May 27th, one day before the ESHET 2020 conference. We are glad to announce that the workshop will be supported by Dr. Richard van den Berg (Kingston University) and Dr. Danielle Guizzo Archela (UWE Bristol).

We encourage young scholars working on the relationship between economics and politics to apply for the workshop. We hope to motivate around 12-15 young scholars to participate, discuss and present their work. For more details, please check the full workshop description here: ysd.ineteconomics.org

If you are interested in attending the workshop you should:

(i) be a young scholar (Master, Ph.D., Post-Doc);

(ii) be registered for the ESHET 2020 conference;

(iii) send an email to [log in to unmask] until February 29th containing: your name, affiliation, title, country of origin, country/city of residence, a short summary of your research (max. 300 words), and a brief explanation of why you think this workshop will be useful for your research (max. 300 words).

Accepted applicants benefit from travel stipends and enjoy free lodging during the workshop and the ESHET 2020 conference.

Decisions are announced on March 7th.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Ana Paula Londe Silva - [log in to unmask]

Julia Marchevsky - [log in to unmask]

Marius Kuster - [log in to unmask]