Looking at the maps I have for railroad routes in 1861 and 1870 it does
not seem likely that Twain visited Sandusky.  He began the tour in
Cleveland but went to Pittsburgh - November 17 - 19.  January 20th he
was in Toledo, then Norwalk on the 21st, and Cleveland on the 22nd.
Looking at the maps it is most likely he rode the Cleveland and Toledo
line.  There was a line, called the Junction railroad, between Toledo
and Cleveland, and was eventually known as the Northern Division but
the section from Sandusky to Toledo was abandoned.

I haven't done anything with Twain's earlier tours, except grap the
itineraries from http://www.twainquotes.com/SpeechIndex.html