We are delighted to announce the second annual Students’ Work-In-Progress Competition sponsored by Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology (RHETM)

The Students’ Work-In-Progress Competition provides an opportunity for students to work with RHETM’s esteemed editors and editorial board members to bring an in-progress draft to fruition and to publish the final manuscript in RHETM, one of the leading outlets in the fields of methodology and history of economics. RHETM’s editorial team will select up to three promising submissions and then work with the authors to bring their essays up to the journal’s exacting publication standards.

Eligibility:

Only papers authored by students. Authors with their PhD in hand at time of submission are not eligible. All authors on a co-authored paper must be students.

Any and all topics related to economic methodology, the history of economics, or the philosophy of economics, all broadly construed, are eligible.

Papers must be true works-in-progress. We will consider papers that have been presented at conferences. However, papers that have been previously submitted (anywhere) for possible publication are not eligible, i.e., papers cannot have benefitted from a previous round of refereeing.

Prizes:

Up to three prizes will be awarded. All winning papers will eventually be published in RHETM. In addition, the first- and second-place winners will receive, respectively, $500 and $250 stipends for research-related use.

Review Process:

As with our standard review process, we will perform an internal review to determine an initial list of candidates. We will then work with our editorial-board members to select those papers worth dedicating close attention and care to bringing to fruition. Then we will work with the remaining authors to make their papers publishable. The winners of the competition will be determined at the end of this process. The winners will be the best papers that survive this gauntlet.

Submission Deadline:

June 15, 2020

Submit your works-in-progress to one of the editors of Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology:

Luca Fiorito - [log in to unmask]

Scott Scheall - [log in to unmask]

Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak - [log in to unmask]