Better late than never, the AAO is happy to present its first-ever virtual
conference!

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we had to cancel our in-person 2020 conference
in Thunder Bay. However, thanks to the willingness of conference presenters
to pivot their work to an online, asynchronous format, we are now able to
share those presentations with you.

Learn about how other archivists pursued new forms of collaboration and
developed innovative partnerships in order to strengthen their programs,
build community, and engage in new methods of outreach.

Cost

Members: $45

Student members: $20

Non-Members: $65

Register here <https://aao-archivists.ca/event-4005623>  for one year of
access to these presentations:

Bridging the Descriptive Divide: The Co-operators Experience by Heather
Ryckman

Collaborating for Comprehensive Collections by Andrea McCutcheon

Commemoration & Collaboration: World War One Thunder Bay Centennial Project
by Jesse Roberts, Sara Janes, and Tory Tronrud [slides only]

Engagement Strategies in a Rural County: An Elgin County Archives Experience
by Gina Dewaele

Establishing a Framework for Reconciliation Action and Awareness within the
Canadian Archival Community by Erica Hernandez-Read, Donald Johnson, Marnie
Burnham, Jennifer Jansen, Rita Mogyorosi, Sara Janes, and Raegan Swanson

Home Made Visible: partnering with a film festival to preserve IBPOC home
movies by Katrina Cohen-Palacios [slides only]

Learning from the Research Data Archives: Experimental Approaches to
Stewarding Indigenous Cultural Memory by Samuel Mickelson

Opportunity Drives Collaboration: Processing the Largest Set of Digital
Records in Private Archives at LAC by Kelsey Beauvais and Nicole Welsh

Swiping Right on the Archives: Introducing the Humber College Archives by
John Yolkowski

Thank you to our sponsors for their support of this year's virtual
conference!

 <https://www.carrmclean.ca/>

 <https://b3kdigital.com/>

 <https://lucidea.com/>