Thanks for sharing it, Dennis. It's a feeling of fresh breath as small municipalities, health services and law enforcement agencies are coming together to plan implementing some of the social determinants of health to deal with local community and individual level problems. Although, Barrie and Simcoe regions are relatively small regions; however, this accord set an example for metropolitan cities to follow. I feel, finally, SDOH scholar's struggle getting some recognition in practical terms. I especially like Simcoe County's Warden George Cornell analogy for the accord, " The day you plant the seed is not the day you eat the fruit. It will take root. I am convinced it will grow and flourish.”

All the best,

Qamar Zaidi
An SDOH student