Greetings Everyone!

Today marks the start of Archives Awareness Week 2021. Like last year, we are engaging with the event virtually, and the AAO is hosting a 'Twitter Takeover' beginning this afternoon.

You can see the line-up of takeover...ers(?) below, or simply follow along on Twitter<https://twitter.com/aao_tweet?lang=en> using the hashtag #2021AAW. The theme this year is 'Archives@Home' as we discuss the ways archivists and archival users have navigated working and researching from home.

Our goal is to engage with archival workers and users, so please follow along, join in on the conversation, and share the event details/hashtag with your contacts!

All best,

Tys Klumpenhouwer (he/him)
Chair, AAO Communications and Advocacy Committee

Monday,

2:00pm-3:00pm

Lisa Snider, Archeion Coordinator

Archeion and Researchers

3:00pm-4:00pm

Julia Holland, Clara Thomas Archives & Special Collections

Re-purposing already digitized content as puzzles

Tuesday,

10:00am-11:00am

Mary G. Kosta, The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada

How to prepare for the next pandemic

11:00am-12:00pm

Mandy O'Brien, City of Toronto Archives

Access during the pandemic

12:00pm-1:00pm

Krista McCracken, Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre

Supporting research and community during the pandemic

1:00pm-2:00pm

Nick Moreau, Region of Peel Archives

 Archives during the pandemic

2:00pm-3:00pm

Iona McCraith, AAO Archives Advisor

Keeping personal archives at home; any archive topic

Wednesday,

10:00am-11:00am

Natalya Rattan, John Shoesmith, Danielle van Wagner, Fisher's Rare Book Library

Outreach during the pandemic

11:00am-12:00pm

Jennifer Grant, York University

Activities during COVID

12:00pm-1:00pm

Adele Torrance, Ingenium

Changes to work and outreach during COVID

1:00pm-2:00pm

Moska Rokay, Muslims in Canada Archive

Outreach during the pandemic

Thursday,

10:00am-11:00am

Megan Lockhart, Oxford County Archives

Outreach during the pandemic and digital engagement

11:00am-12:00pm

Andrea McCutcheon, University of Toronto Archives

Supporting research during the pandemic

12:00pm-1:00pm

Lucie Handley-Girard, The ArQuives

Community archives broadly within the pandemic

1:00pm-2:00pm

Raegan Swanson, The ArQuives

Outreach during the pandemic

2:00pm-3:00pm

Gina Dewaele and Amber Mandich, Elgin County Archives

Archives during the pandemic

Tys Klumpenhouwer (he/him) | University Archivist | University of Toronto Archives and Records Management Services