Stanley dedicated his book THE FOUNDING OF THE CONGO AND ITS FREE STATE
(1885) to King Leopold. There is no listing for this book in the original
edition of MARK TWAIN’S LIBRARY: A RECONSTRUCTION. However, I would be
surprised if Clemens was unaware of it.

The work of fiction TWAIN AND STANLEY ENTER PARADISE by Oscar Hijuelos
(2016) has the two comrades discussing Leopold and Stanley’s ties to him.

Barb