Done!

From Boston, MA usa

On 6/12/2021 1:55 PM, Dennis Raphael wrote:

Backgrounder on Bill 21  https://ccla.org/bill-21/

I just signed the petition "Quebec Chamber of Commerce: Respond to Quebec's Bill 21 Violating Human Rights" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://chng.it/VPBRtkv7Pq

Quebec's Bill 21 is a blatant violation of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  It targets minority groups and prevents many from earning a livelihood.  It promotes bigotry, racism, and xenophobia.  It has no place in a civilized nation.

Giving these realities I pledge to not attend any events in Quebec nor consider it as a tourist destination. Such boycotts were successful in ending apartheid in South Africa and are underway against the US state of Georgia for suppressing voting rights.  It is our only apparent way to pressure Quebec to rescind Bill 21 as our federal political leaders are not prepared to speak out.

Thanks!
Dennis