Dear Colleagues,

We write to request your help for a lengthy survey article we are about to
shape on the historical contours of the relationship between economics
education and geography since the late eighteenth century in different
national and cultural contexts.

We are interested in knowing the answers for and/or sources relevant to
questions below:

(1)  Do you know of universities where the economics undergraduate/graduate
program offered and/or offers ‘economic geography’ courses, and or
encourage(d) students to take such courses from other departments? If so
where and when?

(2)  Do you know of textbooks used to this effect in economics programs? Do
you have copies of/or remember exam questions, and/or assignments, or have
syllabi you can share with us?

(3)  Do you think (1) international trade theories or development
economics, or    (2)  geographie humaine tradition in French speaking
countries or (3)Staatswissenschaften in German speaking countries, could
have had a significant effect or any influence on promoting such course
offerings? If yes, please share your thoughts and recommendations for
sources with us. Any other input you might think of and share with us will
naturally be also most welcome.

You can also write to us at  [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
 or [log in to unmask] and  [log in to unmask] .

We thank you in advance for any input you might have in the progress of our
ambitious work, and in any case we apologize for taking your precious time,

Best regards,

Cinla Akdere and Eyup Ozveren

---
Çınla Akdere
Assistant Professor
   Department of Economics / Middle East Technical University (METU)
   Research Center Philosophy, History and Analysis of Economic
Représentations (PHARE) /
   Université  Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne
Middle East Technical University
Department of Economics-Office A-204
Dumlupinar Bulv. No:1 Çankaya Ankara Turkey 06800
Tel:+90 312 210 30 77 Fax:+90 312 210 11 05
 www.cinlaakdere.com