Hello,

Please see the message regarding the Student Equity and Diversity Census below:

Listening to YU: Be Seen. Be Heard. Take The Census.

Completing the Student Equity & Diversity Census is an important step toward identifying and eliminating barriers to access within York University.

We know that asking about a person’s identity can be uncomfortable, and we will do so with sensitivity. We consulted students and community members when developing the questions so that we were respectful of the varying points of view of our racialized students, Indigenous students, women, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.

By better understanding you – who you are and how you identify – we can provide targeted services, resources and supports to our community’s equity-seeking groups and build a more inclusive community to support the academic success of our students.

 https://vp.students.yorku.ca/student-census

Finnick Byrdine

they/them

Program Assistant/Secretary

School of Health Policy and Management

T 416-736-2100 ext 55157

[log in to unmask] | health.info.yorku.ca

Faculty of Health | York University

314 Stong College

4700 Keele Street Toronto ON, Canada M3J 1P3

Faculty of Health  | York University Logo

Ranked 27th worldwide for building collaborative partnerships

2021 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings

We recognize that many Indigenous Nations have longstanding relationships with the territories upon which York University campuses are located that precede the establishment of York University. York University acknowledges its presence on the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations. The area known as Tkaronto has been care taken by the Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, and the Huron-Wendat. It is now home to many First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities. We acknowledge the current treaty holders, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. This territory is subject of the Dish with One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement to peaceably share and care for the Great Lakes region.

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.