Dear students,

On January 21st, 2022, the School of Health Policy and Management and York University community members are coming together to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our School. The event will celebrate the School’s many accomplishments and look forward to future achievements to come.

This event includes a keynote from one of the original architects of the program, Steven Lewis (a health policy and research consultant based in Saskatoon); a panel of members from the School who will engage in a lively discussion about current health and disability issues; and a brief memorial for Professor Marcia Rioux, our founding chair. There will also be opportunities to connect with members of our School community informally throughout the event.

We have a limited number of spots reserved for in person attendance by students. We invite you to fill out the attached form if you would like to be entered into a lottery for in person attendance. If your name is not chosen for the lottery you can still join us by live stream.

The celebration is scheduled for Friday, January 21st, 2022 from 9:30am to 2:30pm in the Executive Dining Room, located within the Schulich School of Business. Lunch will be served at 1:00pm, and light snacks and refreshments will be available throughout the event. For more information, please contact the School of Health Policy and Management at [log in to unmask].

Please indicate your interest to attend the celebration in person through this link no later than January 6th, 2022: https://health.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=959165

We hope that you can join us for this celebration.

Warm regards,

Finnick Byrdine

they/them

Program Assistant/Secretary

School of Health Policy and Management

T 416-736-2100 ext 55157

[log in to unmask] | health.info.yorku.ca

Faculty of Health | York University

314 Stong College

4700 Keele Street Toronto ON, Canada M3J 1P3

Faculty of Health  | York University Logo

Ranked 27th worldwide for building collaborative partnerships

2021 Times Higher Education Impact Rankings

We recognize that many Indigenous Nations have longstanding relationships with the territories upon which York University campuses are located that precede the establishment of York University. York University acknowledges its presence on the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations. The area known as Tkaronto has been care taken by the Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, and the Huron-Wendat. It is now home to many First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities. We acknowledge the current treaty holders, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. This territory is subject of the Dish with One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement to peaceably share and care for the Great Lakes region.

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.