Thank you very much David,
All the best,
Elizabeth

From: Social Determinants of Health <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of David Zitner <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: February 14, 2022 4:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SDOH] surveys measuring nature and magnitude of user fee health care

Good Day Elizabeth,
SFU, where you teach,  was a leader in the cooperative movement. You might be interested in the efforts of Dr. Cathy Felderhof in Pictou New Glasgow to start an inexpensive health cooperative where patients would participate in governance and support the important services not funded by government.

Dianne Kelderman, the brilliant CEO of the NS Cooperative Council also led efforts to support cooperative health care governed by patients.

At the very least you might be interested in the cooperative model as a way maintain excellent, community,  timely and patient governed care,  when government won't. I've copied Cathy Felderhof and Dianne Kelderman so that you can contact them if you are interested.

24 Care is a different fee based health care model in Nova Scotia. Framed as providing timely occupational health services. Dr. John Gillis was the entrepreneur who developed the model framed as occupational health services. I don't think there are other private services in Nova Scotia, providing necessary medical services, that are based on user fees.

Links below.

24Care - About Us
Dr. John Gillis - Physician - 24Care Health and Occupational Services | LinkedIn
Warm regards
David Zitner