From: Madison Yarmo <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2022 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Up coming: Two Anti-Human Trafficking Events

Hi there!

My name is Madison and I’m a student placement with the Women’s Support Network of York Region (WSN). WSN is York Region’s feminist, non-profit rape crisis and sexual violence centres. We provide free, non-judgmental, confidential services for survivors of human trafficking or sexual violence who identify as women, femme, 2Spirit, or gender non-conforming within York Region.

The Women's Support Network is excited to share two Anti-Human Trafficking events that we will be hosting at the end of this month!

Survivor's Speak

This will be a beautiful space for survivors of HT to come together and re-center Her-Stories by sharing poems, music, visual art, and any other forms of art expression.  WSN is also happy to be offering an honorarium for art submissions, that will be used to guide conversation and share stories for empowerment, healing, and spiritual growth!

 Survivors speak will be held via Zoom on Wednesday March 30th from 7-8pm.

 To register please visit:  https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/survivors-speak-tickets-292711025557

 A Candid Conversation: Human Trafficking for Commercial Sexual Exploitation as a Form of Colonial Violence

This space will be dedicated to having a critical conversation about how HT, specifically for the purposes of sexual exploitation, is an active and ongoing form of colonial violence.  Focus will also be given to how we can transform our impact through community care and support.

A Candid Conversation will be held via Zoom on Thursday March 31st from 7- 8pm.

 To register please visit:  https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/community-conversation-tickets-292931625377

Attached below you will also find informational flyers for both events.

To inquire about support for accommodations or more information please contact Loren by email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or by phone at (905) 895-3646 ext. 117.

We encourage and appreciate you sharing these opportunities with your networks and clients!

[Human Trafficking for CSE as a form of colonial violence.pdf (2).png]
[Survivor's Speak.jpg]
We look forward to seeing you all there!

Warm Regards,
--

Madison Yarmo She/Her

Student Placement

Women’s Support Network of York Region

T: (905) 895-3646 x XXX

F: (905) 895-6542

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/01JeuxtlyQY0KhmgyU9vhKDp5IQoNQPXUnrPT1G-D__dcE5k1KRYpMiwwbrecppzyUnU5vkD-GUme8dnrFSkKGsI4X4qBqMkg17Amz8A-t9cq1VqzTZUJ55L21MET156C1Say6lS=s0]<https://www.facebook.com/womenssupportnetwork/>[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/NXapZvX278HMc3GQMom0ypPgCaIaWdkPeF8D6SD1Zmq8ANl228KN7Eg-o9HU6EuRTKobgORetUC_Ors5K04xXfsD2HQJWMZr5R2QgdXJrNTe4jVWRsOrPNpI-uEp7ev1R0O5I-6n=s0]<https://www.instagram.com/wsnyorkregion/?hl=en>[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/czPijzv9L4JqkjvjyfkGryegW7kDR-1zK-qkmVOj78KZW54B7A6hH7PgPPb27aovXIbS7VXPtiO5cloUh9e0e1jkcOzFxCGru78vhWvXj2ZKENgPVd0t33jzilHL5C4CR2hmAtoj=s0]<https://twitter.com/WSNYorkRegion>[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/XldqfcEqk8DiUVnPcPW9Zx0omkGH_jjDNhV4OaAq4Dd2Teu0dV2EKbyqtAxpMLtpOJ5CeDH_neURM6ROokhwDruv0gfmPipvSuy7TomUoN8hgLYw628NQQ41Qwxv9F3-ZjjoAyce=s0]<https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/womens-support-network-of-york-region/>

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/mCYy5pMB8odV8c1Bix1LqjpU4n4H_lNiB92xM_KbB9Awi2QMdscyjlDPGaiHRF-e1u2uCVcKO75t2jRfpvXvh5FmwzBCuwYEf-yNhzFCc0y5-udPsDjTWTNXe2Jku-Y-pHDGAgBw=s0]<http://womenssupportnetwork.ca/>

24/7 Crisis Line: 1-800-263-6734

24/7 Human Trafficking Helpline: 905-758-5285