SDOH ( especially Ontario ) circle - trust all is-are well !!

We at *Colour of Poverty - Colour of Change* are trying to make sure that fair
and equitable access to the labour markets of Ontario is clearly identified
in ALL Provincial ( and Municipal ) Election(s) policy frameworks and
advocacy goals currently being developed !

See our current framing statement below - as always we look forward to
assisting and supporting each other in all your current-upcoming campaigns
- and moving forward to make needed change happen !!

All the best - michael

*Campaign for fair and equitable access for ALL to jobs & labour markets of
Ontario*

One of the most powerful tools to deliver fair and equitable life chances
and life outcomes is strong *Employment Equity legislation* - federally,
provincially, territorially, municipally - frameworks that are restored (
federally ), comprehensive, expanded ( Indigenous Peoples, peoples of
colour, women, persons with (dis)abilities AND 2SLGBTQ+ individuals ),
appropriately and consistently disaggregated in their application and
implementation, adequately resourced, monitored, audited AND enforced.

*We can ensure that all folks in Ontario have fair and equitable access to
a job through - *

- legislated employment equity regimes;

- adding "employment equity" consistent obligations and conditionality to
all economic recovery, social and physical infrastructure investments and
financial transfers;

- adding impact and community benefit agreements (ICBA's) which include
employment equity obligations and requirements; AND

- fair and equitable public procurement contractor provisions;

- other !?

So in this current political moment - as we "build back better" and work to
co-create a "just and green transition" - let's work to deliver strong
*Employment
Equity Legislation* as a priority policy objective !!

*See - COP-COC Employment Equity backgrounder -*

*English -*
https://colourofpoverty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/EN_Employment-Equity-1-Pager.pdf

*Francais -*
https://colourofpoverty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/FR_Employment-Equity-1-Pager.pdf