SDOH ( especially Ontario ) circle - trust all is-are well !!

We at Colour of Poverty - Colour of Change are trying to make sure that fair and equitable access to the labour markets of Ontario is clearly identified in ALL Provincial ( and Municipal ) Election(s) policy frameworks and advocacy goals currently being developed !

See our current framing statement below - as always we look forward to assisting and supporting each other in all your current-upcoming campaigns - and moving forward to make needed change happen !!

All the best - michael

Campaign for fair and equitable access for ALL to jobs & labour markets of Ontario

One of the most powerful tools to deliver fair and equitable life chances and life outcomes is strong Employment Equity legislation - federally, provincially, territorially, municipally - frameworks that are restored ( federally ), comprehensive, expanded ( Indigenous Peoples, peoples of colour, women, persons with (dis)abilities AND 2SLGBTQ+ individuals ), appropriately and consistently disaggregated in their application and implementation, adequately resourced, monitored, audited AND enforced.

We can ensure that all folks in Ontario have fair and equitable access to a job through -

- legislated employment equity regimes;

- adding "employment equity" consistent obligations and conditionality to all economic recovery, social and physical infrastructure investments and financial transfers;

- adding impact and community benefit agreements (ICBA's) which include employment equity obligations and requirements; AND

- fair and equitable public procurement contractor provisions;

- other !?

So in this current political moment - as we "build back better" and work to co-create a "just and green transition" - let's work to deliver strong Employment Equity Legislation as a priority policy objective !!

See - COP-COC Employment Equity backgrounder -

English - https://colourofpoverty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/EN_Employment-Equity-1-Pager.pdf

Francais - https://colourofpoverty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/FR_Employment-Equity-1-Pager.pdf

--

michael kerr