Bert,

Many thanks for all that you’ve done to make this upgrade happen without disruption!

Brad

Bradley W. Bateman

President

O: 434-947-8140

F: 434-947-8139

Email_6

On Apr 27, 2022, at 1:18 PM, Humberto Barreto <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear SHOE List Subscribers,

On May 3, from 5AM to 8AM, the SHOE list will be part of a York University upgrade, as explained below.

This is REALLY welcome news for me, but should be unnoticeable for you.

In fact, you do not need to do anything, but I wanted to let you know that the list would be down for a few hours on May 3.

If you ever do login to the listserv, you will have to change your password as described below.

To be clear, you DO NOT have to do the steps described below -- you DO NOT have to do anything -- to receive or send messages to the SHOE list. Everything should work just like before. If you ever try to change your email address or login to the listserv, then you would need to do the steps below. I change people's addresses all the time so you can just ask me.

I want to publicly thank Avi Cohen for helping me for the last few months as I struggled with managing the list. There is a backstory here, but I'll spare you the details. There is no question that without Avi, the SHOE list would be defunct at York. This would entail tremendous disruption so I am thrilled with how this has played out.

Here's to it all going smoothly and for this upgrade to last for many years!

Your Obedient Servant,

Humberto Barreto

Service Advisory

Please note that UIT will be upgrading the LISTSERV electronic mailing list service on Tuesday, May 3rd, from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.  During the outage, Listserv emails will be delayed, and users will not be able to access the listserv management page.  Any emails sent to listserv addresses during the maintenance window will be delivered after the completion of the maintenance.

The web User Interface (UI) will be updated, which will resolve the operational issues with the current web UI.  The new web interface greatly simplifies email list management, allowing list owners to control their lists from anywhere and on any device, including tablets and smartphones.

After the upgrade, all users will be required to set a new Listserv password the first time they log into listserv.

To set your listserv password please follow the steps below:

  1. Starting May 3rd after 8:00 a.m., you can go to http://listserv.yorku.ca
  2. Select Login
  3. Click register password
  4. Enter your York email address and the password you wish to create. Click Register Password.
  5. At this point a notification will be sent to your email address. You must reply to the email within 48 hours to confirm and activate the requested password.
The Web Interface will be updated, below is a temporary link to the new documentation.
After the change on May 3rd the updated documentation will be moved to the computing website (same as the documentation for the current listserv)

Quick Start Instructions for LISTSERV Owners | University Information Technology (UIT) (yorku.ca)

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this scheduled maintenance may cause and thank you for your continued cooperation and support.