Dear all,
2023 marks the 300th anniversary of Adam Smith's birth, and the Journal of the History of Economic Thought (JHET) would like to commemorate the occasion by bringing together a collection of short pieces on favorite Smith quotes. We would like to invite you to write a short piece (up to 1,000 words) telling which is your favorite Smith quote and why. We would like to have pieces on different quotes. Should we receive more than one piece on the same quote, we would select only one to be published.

We would expect to receive the manuscripts by August 15th, to have the time for the production process of the issue that will be published next year.

If you would like to contribute to this celebration, please let us know by email ([log in to unmask]) before June 15th. We will then provide further details on how to submit your contribution.

Looking forward to celebrating Smith at JHET, best regards,

Jimena and Pedro