Job Posting

Alzheimer Society of Canada
The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
OUR VALUES
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer, and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Intern
Reports to: Manager, Diversity and Community Partnerships
Supervises: N/A
Job Summary
This role will support the day-to-day operations around initiatives related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging activities. In addition, assist with data gathering, data analysis, strategy and policy development and program evaluation as required, including assisting with special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research related activities: Data gathering and analysis, literature reviews, conducting surveys, interviews with internal staff
• Working with consultants on development of internal strategy
• Program development and strategy including conducting evaluations
• Liaison and supporting community partners to build and maintain relationships
• Calendar scheduling
• Other activities as required.
Job Qualifications
Education:
• Degree in Gerontology, Sociology, Health Studies, Political Science, Neuroscience, Psychology, Community Development, or a related discipline
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
Experience:
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Working with seniors in programing or supportive capacities
Job Posting
• Working with diverse communities to promote development, health literacy, and empowerment
• Research skills, conducting interviews, surveys, data analysis, literature reviews, manuscript writing
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Knowledge of anti-racist, anti -oppression frameworks
• Knowledge of patient-centered care frameworks
• Knowledge of dementia
• Knowledge of healthy aging
• Culturally competent and safe practices
2022 Canada Summer Jobs Eligibility Requirements:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*International Students are not eligible
This contract role requires thirty-five (35) hours per week for eight (8) weeks.
Commitment to Equitable Recruitment
The Alzheimer Society welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity and social justice and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, Black and persons of colour, persons with disabilities, people living with dementia, care partners and those who identify as LGBTQ2S+.
COVID-19 Vaccination

The Society requires that you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to any accommodation obligations you may have under human rights legislation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: [log in to unmask]
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: July 4th, 2022
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

Ngozi Iroanyah