Dear colleagues,

the editors of JHET are proud to announce that a new video of the series "Meet the JHET Authors" has been released. It features Gil Hersch (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA) talking about his paper on the need for government intervention in Plato's Republic in order to coordinate the disposal of surplus among cities.

You can check the video out either on the JHET page at the HES website (https://historyofeconomics.org/publications/jhet/), by clicking on the top right corner of the embedded video to see the list of all videos available, or on the JHET page at the Cambridge University Press portal (https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-the-history-of-economic-thought/meet-the-jhet-authors).

We are also proud to announce that the paper, titled "The Need for Governmental Inefficiency in Plato's Republic," and published in March 2021 in JHET (vol. 43, no. 1), is freely available until the end of June, so those interested can read and download it (https://doi.org/10.1017/S1053837220000097).

If you have social media (Facebook or Twitter), please follow JHET so that you can see when a new video is made available. Our Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/JHET.journal. Our Twitter is @jhet_journal.

All the JHET videos released are also found on the HES website (under "Resources" and "HES Videos"). If you haven't done so, please subscribe to the HES YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHepUipTlWsRTMLlSuLXz6A/), so that you can follow all new videos released. In this channel there is a playlist of the "Meet the JHET Authors" where you find all videos posted.

It is worth reminding you all that JHET's mission of fostering scholarship and promoting conversation among researchers interested in the history of economic thought and related disciplines is made possible by the support of the History of Economics Society (HES: https://historyofeconomics.org/) and of our publisher. HES offers a wide range of services to our community beyond the journal. Your membership in the Society is instrumental in maintaining JHET and these other services.

So stay tuned, enjoy the videos and help spreading them around!

With best wishes,

Pedro Duarte and Jimena Hurtado
JHET Editors