*Apologies for cross-posting

Good morning all,

The Internet Archive has opened its Fall 2022 application period for Community Webs, our Community History Web Archiving Program. We are now seeking applications from public libraries, local and community archives, and other cultural heritage organizations in Canada. Community Webs is fully funded by non-profit Internet Archive. There is no cost to participating organizations.

Community Webs seeks to empower cultural heritage organizations to build community-focused archives of websites, social media and other web content documenting local histories, with an emphasis on voices that are typically underrepresented in the historic record. The program offers a free multi-year subscription to the Archive-It web archiving service, training and technical support, as well as resources for networking, professional development and in support of scholarly research.

We currently have 150 participants from across Canada, the US and internationally. Here are some examples of what our current participants have been up to:

You can find out more about the program on the Community Webs website or by viewing our recent presentation for the Atlantic Provinces Library Association Conference. For general information about Web Archiving, please see here.

We are now accepting applications from Canadian organizations. The deadline is August 31, 2022. Apply online today.

Have questions? Please reach out to the Community Webs team at [log in to unmask].

We hope to hear from you,

Catherine

Catherine Falls (she/her)
Program Officer, Community Programs
Internet Archive Canada | [log in to unmask]
https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/