[Selections by Humberto Barreto for SHOE list.]

nep-hpe <http://nep.repec.org/nep-hpe.html> New Economics Papers
<http://nep.repec.org/> on History and Philosophy of Economics

Issue of 2022‒07‒18
papers chosen by
Erik Thomson <http://econpapers.repec.org/RAS/pth72.htm>
University of Manitoba <http://umanitoba.ca/>
------------------------------

   1. The influence of Sen’s applied economics on his non-welfarist
   approach to justice
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_2867345780897108574_p1> By Muriel
   Gilardone
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Muriel%20Gilardone>
   2. 300 Anniversary of Smith’s Birth
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_2867345780897108574_p2> By Vernon
   L. Smith
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Vernon%20L.%20Smith>
   3. Economic Thought of Social Reform: A. Toynbee's Theory of Cooperatives
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_2867345780897108574_p3> By Hayato
   Takeguchi
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Hayato%20Takeguchi>; Jun
   Suzuki <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Jun%20Suzuki>
   4. Sado-Masochism in Buchanan's Samaritan's Dilemma. A Constitutional
   Perspective <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_2867345780897108574_p5>
    By Alain Marciano
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Alain%20Marciano>
   5. Four Facts about Human Capital
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_2867345780897108574_p7> By David J.
   Deming
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=David%20J.%20Deming>
   6. Putting Clio Back in Cliometrics
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_2867345780897108574_p9> By Laurent
   Gauthier
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Laurent%20Gauthier>
   7. Cliometrics and the Future of Economic History
   <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_2867345780897108574_p10> By Claude
   Diebolt
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Claude%20Diebolt>;
Michael
   Haupert
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Michael%20Haupert>

------------------------------

   1. The influence of Sen’s applied economics on his non-welfarist
   approach to justice
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-03690014>
   By: Muriel Gilardone
   <http://econpapers.repec.org/scripts/search.pf?aus=Muriel%20Gilardone> (CREM
   - Centre de recherche en économie et management - UNICAEN - Université de
   Caen Normandie - NU - Normandie Université - UR1 - Université de Rennes 1 -
   UNIV-RENNES - Université de Rennes - CNRS - Centre National de la Recherche
   Scientifique)
   Abstract: This chapter shows that Sen's (2009) non-welfarist approach to
   justice is greatly influenced by 1) his work on famines; 2) his empirical
   work on gender inequalities, specifically within the Indian society, that
   helped him to refine his approach to hunger; and 3) his involvement in the
   creation of the human development approach. All these engagements —
   seemingly completely separate from his theoretical work in welfare
   economics — have, in fact, fostered the formulation of a novel approach in
   which agency and public reasoning are the core elements.