*Apologies for cross-posting

Hello all,

A friendly reminder that the deadline to apply to Community Webs, the Internet Archive’s free community history web and digital archiving program, is coming up soon. Cultural heritage organizations have until Wednesday, August 31st to make it into our next round.

Community Webs empowers public libraries, community archives and other cultural heritage organizations to build web and digital archives documenting local history, with an emphasis on communities that have been underrepresented in the historic record. The program offers web and digital archiving services, including a free multi-year subscription to Archive-It with technical support, as well as resources for professional development and in support of scholarly research. Community Webs is fully funded and administered by the Internet Archive. There is no cost to participating organizations. Find out more about the program by visiting the Community Webs website and by viewing our recent program announcements.

The application for Canadian cultural heritage organizations is available here.

Please reach out with questions by emailing the Community Webs team at [log in to unmask].

We hope to hear from you,

Catherine

Catherine Falls (she/her)
Program Officer, Community Programs
Internet Archive Canada | [log in to unmask]
https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/