Re: International Solidarity with the Myanmar People (please see attached)

Dear friends, colleagues and fellow travellers,

Apologies for the mass email.

Four resistance activists against the Myanmar military junta were executed<https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2022/07/myanmar-bachelet-condemns-executions-calls-release-all-political-prisoners> by the military on 25 July 2022. This might not be the last such act of brutality if the international community does not exert sufficient pressure. There are 119 anti-military junta activists who have been sentenced to death.

The people's resistance to the military regime continues. One source of strength they have is international solidarity.

This is the reason for this solidarity statement (see the attached file) in which we condemn the brutality of the military junta, show our support for the Myanmar people’s struggles, and express our utmost respect for the courage and commitment the resistance activists have shown – and emphasize that they are not forgotten or alone.

With an initial batch of signatories, we begin a drive to collect more signatures on 8th August, to commemorate the courageous uprising that took place on 8th August 1988 in Myanmar. Please consider signing!

To add your signature to the statement, please indicate your name, your affiliation and country and send to:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

In addition to signing yourself, it would be great if you could ask people in your own networks and circles to add their names too (using the same email address above).

The deadline for sending your names is August 18 latest.

Please do not publicly post the statement anywhere just yet – on 19th August we will launch the final solidarity statement with all the signatures collected, coinciding with the World Humanitarian Day.

Many thanks,

Arnel Borras, RN