I wonder if Twain ever tried (or favored) a "GATH" brand cigar?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154368331917

Twain and George Alfred Townsend aka "GATH" were roommates in Washington
City and exchanged correspondence for decades.

--
John Muller
www.LostHistoryUSA.com

*Frederick Douglass in Washington, D.C: The Lion of Anacostia
<http://www.amazon.com/Frederick-Douglass-Washington-D-c-Anacostia/dp/1609495772/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=H42HP4SBZ8OA&coliid=I34OMAR1SV8L9G>*
[The
History Press, 2012]  Winner of 2013 DC READS
*Mark Twain in Washington, D.C.: The Adventures of a Capital Correspondent*
<http://amzn.to/19PzIFd> [The History Press, 2013]