Dear colleagues,

The next THETS conference is finally happening! After two years of postponement, we’ll meet at Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge, for a three days conference, from the 31/08 to the 2/09.

You’ll find the programme (attached) and information on our website: https://thets.org.uk/annual-conf-2020/

As it is the tradition, the conference will comprise only plenary sessions and will finish with the survivors lunch on Friday. As part of the conference activities, we will also visit the Phillips Machine currently living its best life at the Marshall Library in the Economics department!

The conference is open to THETS members. There is still some space if you want to join us: follow the information on the website or write to me.

The conference will be in-person, except one event that will be hybrid: on the 1st of September, at 5:30 (UK Time), we will live-stream the roundtable on the relations between intellectual history and the history of economic thought that we have co-organised with the Joint Center for History and Economics. You can find more info on the Center here: https://www.histecon.magd.cam.ac.uk/

We are extremely happy to have the following panelists as part of this conversation: Béatrice Cherrier (CNRS & CREST & Ecole Polytechnique, France), Verena Halsmayer (University of Lucerne, Switzerland), Ben Jackson (University of Oxford, UK) and Emma Rothschild (Harvard University, USA). Pedro Ramos Pinto and I will chair the discussion.

To participate to this event online, please register following this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/round-table-intellectual-history-and-the-history-of-economic-thought-tickets-396569890217

Do let us know if you have any queries or questions!

All the best,

Cléo (for the organising team)

Cléo Chassonnery-Zaïgouche,  David Gindis, Christina Laskaridis,  Tiago Mata & Pedro Ramos Pinto.