From: A forum for discussion for the Archives Assoc. of Ontario <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jim Burant
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2022 11:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Announcement on behalf of non-list subscriber

Congratulations to Karen on her appointment, and all the best.

Jim Burant

On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 11:39:35 a.m. EDT, Mary G Kosta <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The Library & Archives at Trent University is pleased to welcome Karen Suurtamm as University Archivist and Head, Special Collections for a 3 year term. Karen previously held the role of Assistant Professor (Teaching Stream) at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information, where she taught courses in the Archives and Records Management concentration. Karen has worked as a records manager and archivist in academic archives, including Victoria University, York University, and the University of Toronto. She is an active member of the professional archival community, including sitting on the Editorial Board of Archivaria and chairing the Association of Canadian Archivists’ Communications Committee. In addition to her archival experience, she has worked as a freelance researcher and teaching assistant at Carleton University, the University of Ottawa, and Trent University.

Karen holds a Bachelor of Humanities with a concentration in English Literature from Carleton University, an MA in English Literature from Concordia University, and a Master of Information Studies from the University of Toronto. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Cultural Studies at Trent, where she is conducting SSHRC-funded research on the archives of incarceration.

We look forward to Karen playing an integral role in the Library & Archives supporting researchers, faculty and students. Please join us in welcoming Karen to Trent University. Karen welcomes researchers, faculty and students to contact her at the archives by emailing [log in to unmask] .

Loretta Durst

Manager, Finance & Administration

Library & Archives

Trent University

This message, including any attachments, is privileged and intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information contained in this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone, fax, or e-mail and shred this confidential e-mail, including any attachments, without making a copy. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. ====================================