Good Morning,

On behalf of the MAIG executive, I am pleased to present the 18th edition of the Municipal Archives Interest Group’s annual publication, the MAIGazine. This edition contains several exciting updates from our municipal archives colleagues, with thought-provoking articles that touch on a range of topics, including re-imagining archival policies and practices, reaching new audiences, and growing an online presence in innovative ways. Please find it attached to this email, or click here to read it along with previous issues. Thank you so much to those who contributed articles this year!

We are also happy to share that the results from the Municipal/Government Archive COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery Survey are now in. This survey was created as a collaborative effort between the Municipal Archives Interest Group and the Institutional Development Committee of the AAO to gauge and better understand how Ontario Archives are recovering from the impacts of the pandemic, and the challenges that archives continue to face. All survey responses from Municipal and Government Archives are available to view online here.

Wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend,

Amber

Amber Mandich

Archivist Assistant

Elgin County Archives