The History of Economics Society is pleased to announce a new call for
submissions for the New Initiatives Fund program (deadline December 1).

Created in 2013, the New Initiatives Fund is one of the most recent
instruments devised by the society to fulfill its institutional goals.
The program supports projects that promise to benefit the larger
community of historians of economics. These might involve creating
opportunities to further interaction, disseminating knowledge and access
to resources, engaging younger scholars, reaching out to broader
audiences both within and outside of academia, and other endeavors that
promote a public good for our community.

The title New Initiatives Fund signals our openness to creative,
out-of-the-box proposals. Our purpose is to rely on the knowledge,
experience and insight of our members to devise ways to promote and
improve the field. Initiatives funded in the past have ranged from
summer schools, through digital resources to a podcast series (see full
list below).

Competition for funding is open to HES members only. The Society
allocates a total of $35,000 per year in support of New Initiatives.
Each proposal may request up to $10,000 in funding. The submissions
received will be vetted by a New Initiatives Committee appointed by the
HES President; recommendations of this committee are then voted on by
the full Executive Committee. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the
ways in which the project could have a lasting impact in the field and
support the mission of HES, as specified above.

Multi-year initiatives will be viewed more favorably if they include
plausible plans for developing independent sources of ongoing funding.
Funding from the Society is not an ongoing commitment but may be renewed
at the committee's discretion. Details on the submission process can be
found on our website at:

https://historyofeconomics.org/about-the-society/new-initiatives/

--
Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak